Hurricane Katrina hit and now charities are asking for your help, primarily in monetary form.
Here are seven ways to keep from harm against a con artist who wants to take advantage of your good will.
You can make sure your hard earned money gets into the right hands with these seven safety tips when asked for a donation. With these tips you can avoid charity fraud.
Charity Fraud Avoiding With following Steps.
1. Asking for their identification is a must. The organization AND the solicitor. Find out what the purpose of the charity is and how funds are used and allocated.
2. Ask if contributions are tax deductible
3. If you’re not convinced by their answers…DON’T GIVE A DONATION.
4. Give to charities and foundations you know.
5. Do a web search and some checking if you’ve never heard of the charity before or if it is a name that is similar to the ones you know of.
6. Do not fall for high pressure tactics. If solicitors won’t take no for an answer, or come back tomorrow so you can do your homework on them, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. Cause It’s shurely charity fraud.
7. Be suspicious of charities who only accept cash. Always send a check made out to the charity and NOT to the individual requesting the donation.
By knowing a few tips when charities are asking for funds, it can make the difference between providing a con artist with your hard earned money…or helping the people who need it the most with your generous donation.
About The Author
Michelle Annese, The Diva of Defense is a self defense instructor, consultant, speaker, author, and copywriter. With a third degree black belt and inductee into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame, Ms. Annese is a safety advocate teaching thousands each year in school talks, special events and assemblies in elementary, high schools, and colleges nationwide. She is also the author of the book: 101 Self Defense Strategies and creator of the programs Diva Defense Training and The SafeGuard System for Kids. Complete information on Michelle Annese’s books and other services offered is available from her web site http://www.annesemartialarts.co
- Original Author : Michelle Annese Article